Jet2.com and Jet2holidays boost Summer 22 programme from Newcastle Airport with extra aircraft and thousands more seats
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have responded to the enormous demand for Summer 22 flights and holidays from Newcastle Airport by putting in extra aircraft and adding over 300 extra flights to a range of popular sun and leisure city destinations.
With local holidaymakers flocking to get some much-needed sunshine booked into their diaries, the largest tour operator in the North East has responded by adding almost 60,000 extra seats between May and October next year.
As a result of this expanded programme, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays will operate a fleet of up to nine based aircraft at Newcastle Airport during the peak Summer 22 period. The leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist has 35 destinations on sale for Summer 22 from Newcastle Airport, and today’s announcement gives customers even more choice and flexibility when it comes to booking their flights and ATOL protected package holidays.
Despite huge pent-up demand for Summer 21, Jet2holidays bookings data shows that more people have already booked in some summer sun for the year ahead when compared to the same time in previous years. Customer polling shows that this trend is being driven by a desire to have something to look forward to, as well as the assurance that booking an ATOL protected package holidays provides.
Today’s announcement means extra capacity and more frequent flying to destinations across Mainland Spain, Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, Turkey, Greece, Bulgaria and Italy. The additional capacity is focused on the peak summer season, with extra flying in the early and late summer periods too. The extra flying includes:
- Mainland Spain – extra services to Malaga (up to nine weekly services now on sale), Alicante (up to ten weekly services now on sale) and Reus (up to four weekly services now on sale).
- Canary Islands – extra services to Lanzarote (up to six weekly services now on sale), Fuerteventura (up to three weekly services now on sale), Tenerife (up to eight weekly services on sale) and Gran Canaria (up to three weekly services on sale).
- Balearic Islands – extra services to Ibiza (up to seven weekly services now on sale) and Majorca (up to 13 weekly services on sale).
- Turkey – additional services on sale to Antalya means up to eight weekly services now on sale.
- Greece – more flying to Greece thanks to additional services to Corfu (up to three weekly services now on sale), Crete (Heraklion) (up to three weekly services now on sale), Rhodes (up to three weekly services now on sale) and Kos (up to two weekly services on sale).
- Cyprus – extra services added to both Paphos and Larnaca meaning up to three weekly services now on sale to both destinations.
- Bourgas (Sunny Beach, Bulgaria) – now up to two weekly services operating during the peak holiday season.
- Rome – more services in May & June as well as in September & October means up to two weekly services.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “Although there continues to be huge pent-up demand for Summer 21, bookings for next summer are looking very encouraging as customers in the North East look to plan ahead and get a much-needed holiday locked into their diaries. This demand applies throughout the summer season, so we are expanding our programme and adding extra based aircraft to enable us to put on more flights to the sunshine for customers travelling from Newcastle Airport. With 35 destinations on sale from Newcastle Airport in Summer 22 and up to 125 weekly flights departing during peak periods, this expansion gives holidaymakers more choice, more flexibility and more reason to book their well-deserved flights and real package holidays.”
Richard Knight, Chief Operating Officer at Newcastle International Airport said: “Today’s announcement is fantastic news and a significant investment from Jet2.com and Jet2holidays into the region. Extra aircraft and flights in 2022 will provide customers with flexibility and choice when looking to book that well-deserved holiday in 2022.
"It is great news to see Jet2.com and Jet2holidays react so positively to the demand in the North East and to see even more capacity to popular destinations across mainland Spain, the Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Bulgaria and Italy. With ATOL protected package holidays to over 35 destinations customers can book and look forward to a well-deserved holiday with confidence."
For further information and to book visit www.jet2.com or www.jet2holidays.com
Independent travel agents can visit: trade.jet2holidays.com