Jet2.com and Jet2holidays increase Summer 21 capacity to multiple destinations from Newcastle Airport in response to demand
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have today responded to the continued increase in demand for Summer 21 holidays from Newcastle Airport by adding more flights and holidays to the Canary Islands, Mainland Spain, Portugal, Greece and Turkey.
Customers travelling from Newcastle Airport can now enjoy even more choice when it comes to booking in some much-needed sunshine this summer. The increase in capacity means thousands of additional seats have gone on sale today to ten destinations – Tenerife, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Malaga, Faro, Antalya, Dalaman, Corfu and Rhodes - in direct response to demand for holidays in countries and destinations that have said they will welcome holidaymakers from the UK this summer.
Jet2holidays, the UK’s leading tour operator to destinations across the Mediterranean and Canary Islands, together with leisure airline, Jet2.com, saw a 1,000% spike in bookings immediately following the Prime Minister’s announcement of an exit roadmap from lockdown, with demand continuing since then.
In addition to that, data from Jet2holidays shows that bookings have jumped in response to destinations preparing to welcome holidaymakers from the UK. This includes bookings to Greece after the Greek Tourism Minister said that visitors are welcome if they have been vaccinated, have antibodies or have tested negative for coronavirus. Ministers in other destinations including Turkey, Cyprus, Spain and Portugal have also spoken positively about reopening to overseas visitors this summer.
The additional flights and holidays on sale from today are as follows:
- Canary Islands – additional services to Tenerife, Gran Canaria and Lanzarote operating in September and October in response to demand. This comes in addition to more flying in October to Fuerteventura. As a result of this, throughout October the UK’s leading operator to the Canaries will operate daily services to Tenerife, up to six weekly services to Lanzarote and up to three weekly services to Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura.
- Greece – additional services to Corfu and Rhodes, providing more choice from September through to late October. This means an extended season to Corfu covering the half-term, as well as up to three weekly services to Rhodes in October.
- Turkey – additional services on sale to Antalya and Dalaman in late-September and throughout October. This means daily services to Antalya and up to nine weekly service to Dalaman throughout October.
- Mainland Spain – additional services operating to Malaga in late-September and throughout October. This means daily services to Malaga in October, providing customers with unrivalled choice.
- Portugal – additional services operating to Faro in late-September and throughout October. This means daily services to Faro in October.
On the back of the recent announcement by the UK government, Jet2holidays is responding to demand for the assurance that its ATOL protected package holidays provide, as well as its award-winning customer experience. As well as booking and travelling on award-winning flights and ATOL protected package holidays, customers get to experience and enjoy the company’s VIP customer service which has seen Jet2.com and Jet2holidays repeatedly win high-profile accolades such as Which? Recommended Provider and TripAdvisor’s Best Airline – UK and Top 10 Airlines of the World.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “The number of customers booking flights and package holidays with us to the Canary Island, Mainland Spain, Portugal, Greece and Turkey tells us that many people want nothing more than to get away this summer. This demand is there, and as ever we are quick to respond to what our customers are telling us, making sure we take them from Newcastle Airport to their favourite holiday choices.”
“Throughout the pandemic, we have done absolutely everything to look after our valued customers and independent travel agent partners, and we have always said that the sun will shine for them once again. We know that our destinations are keen to welcome holidaymakers from the UK, and the UK government has shown that there is a clear ambition to reopen international travel in the coming months. We look forward to more detail in due course and will be ready to take our customers on their well-deserved holidays when travel reopens.”
For further information and to book visit www.jet2.com or www.jet2holidays.com
Independent travel agents can visit: trade.jet2holidays.com